Tuesday, October 7, 2008

i explored my 2% German roots

so i did not blog for a few days...mainly because I was busy relaxing this weekend :) kind of an oxy-moron but not so much....it takes planning for me to actually relax!!!
Well, Sunday I actually headed into the city with my two favorite boys where we went to an Oktoberfest fair which turned out to be anything but that and instead we got to look at about 32 tables of "pashmina" scarves, $5 Victoria's secret bras, and a mud mask vendor where they guy proceeded to tell us as we walked by "give me a minute and i will give you the best service ever"....clearly I cracked up liek a 9 year old school boy at this statement......well since we all were looking forward to beer and sausage we headed to Liederhosen on Grove Street downtown and enjoyed some delish German food and more importantly had a couple of pitchers of Spaten....YUMMM....and if you know anything you know le Dom and I do not handle the beer so much...Greg on the other hand can drink beer like it's water, lol.....SOOO clearly we needed to walk around after to walk of the beer??!!!? I absolutely love Sunday afternoons in the fall in Manhattan!! :)
yesterday I felt like I was dying, I had the worst migraine ever and my eyes were literally tearing from the pain.....but by last night post a meal from the mamadukes i felt like a new person!! :) so here I am at work today - despite having a cold sore - blah - and no i an to a dirty hooker pirate i am fighting a cold - namely a cold which Greg had for the past 5 days - I feel good today, lots of positive energy around me :)
PS I need brown riding boots. Any suggestions? Grazie. PPS. I want to plan a January getaway.

2 comments:

Lilia said...

So I'm glad you explored your German side... I can help you bring up your beer tollerance! I miss Greg and Dom and.....

I have Brown Riding boots but am NOT thrilled with them! but they are weather proof and great for cold days! I kinda like the Franco Sartos (yes I already have black ones) http://www.piperlime.com/browse/product.do?cid=19797&pid=619085&scid=619085012

Lets go shopping!

melissa said...

i got my brown riding boots from zappos. i wish i knew what kind they were, but i love them and got them so long ago. i am overdue for a new pair actually...